1st Grade Science Game: Animal Coverings
Scales, feathers, and fur are just a few of the different kinds of animal coverings in nature. Help the robot match the correct covering to each animal. Look at the animal on the belt then choose the right covering and hand it to the robot.
This course can be found in our 1st Grade Science curriculum
Students learn to perform experiments and record observations, and understand how scientists see the natural world. They germinate seeds to observe plant growth, and make a weathervane. Students will explore topics such as:
- Matter—states of matter; mixtures and solutions
- Weather—cloud formation; the water cycle
- Animal Classification and Adaptation—insects; amphibians and reptiles; birds; mammals
- Habitats—forests, deserts, rain forests, grasslands, and more; naturalist John Muir and conservation
- Oceans—waves and currents; coasts; coral reefs and kelp forests; oceanographer Jacques Cousteau
- Plants—germination, functions of roots, stems, flowers, chlorophyll, and more
- Human Body—major systems; Elizabeth Blackwell, the first woman doctor
- Light—how light travels; reflections; inventor Thomas Edison
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.