3rd Grade Science Learning Activity: Botanical Garden
Visit a botanical garden and explore three distinct environments. In each section you will learn how plants have adapted to survive and thrive.
This interactive activity is embedded in our Third Grade Science 3 course.
Students learn to observe and analyze through hands-on experiments, and gain further insight into how scientists understand our world. They observe and chart the phases of the moon, determine the properties of insulators and conductors, and make a three-dimensional model of a bone. Students will explore topics such as:
- Weather-air pressure; precipitation; clouds; humidity; fronts; forecasting
- Vertebrates-features of fish, amphibians, reptiles, birds, and mammals
- Ecosystems-climate zones; tundra, forests, desert, grasslands, freshwater, and marine ecosystems
- Matter-phase changes; volume; mass; atoms; physical and chemical changes
- Human Body-the musculoskeletal system; the skin
- Energy-forms of energy; transfer of energy; conductors and insulators; renewable and nonrenewable energy resources
- Light-light as energy; the spectrum; how the eye works
- Astronomy-phases of the moon; eclipses; the solar system; stars and constellations; the Milky Way
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.