6th-8th Grade Science Activity: Biomes
Learn about seven major biomes around the world. A biome is a geographic area that has similar climatic conditions. Discover each region’s abiotic and biotic factors, including the average temperature range, precipitation, vegetation, and type of wildlife.
The Earth Science curriculum builds on the natural curiosity of students. By connecting them to the beauty of geological history, the amazing landforms around the globe, the nature of the sea and air, and the newest discoveries about our universe, it gives students an opportunity to relate to their everyday world. Students will explore topics such as:
- Fundamentals of geology, oceanography, meteorology, and astronomy
- Earth’s minerals and rocks
- Earth’s interior
- Plate tectonics, earthquakes, volcanoes, and the movements of continents
- Geology and the fossil record
- Oceans and the atmosphere
- The solar system and the universe
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.