6th-8th Grade Science Activity: Equinox and Solstice
Learn about each equinox and solstice in this interactive activity. A solstice or equinox is when the seasons change. Set the month and see when the sun rises and sets. Is it the same time where you live?
The Earth Science curriculum builds on the natural curiosity of students. By connecting them to the beauty of geological history, the amazing landforms around the globe, the nature of the sea and air, and the newest discoveries about our universe, it gives students an opportunity to relate to their everyday world. Students will explore topics such as:
- Fundamentals of geology, oceanography, meteorology, and astronomy
- Earth’s minerals and rocks
- Earth’s interior
- Plate tectonics, earthquakes, volcanoes, and the movements of continents
- Geology and the fossil record
- Oceans and the atmosphere
- The solar system and the universe
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.