Kindergarten Science Activity: Dress for Weather
Practice converting Celsius to Fahrenheit in this activity. Look at the thermometer and discover the correlating temperature between Celsius and Fahrenheit. Once students have found the temperature, help the boy choose appropriate clothes and accessories for the weather.
For older students, you can challenge them by giving them the formula: Farenheit= (9/5 x Celsius) +32 OR Celsius = (Fahrenheit – 32) x 5/9
Click here for more Kindergarten science games
This interactive activity is embedded in our Kindergarten Science K course.
Kindergarten students begin to develop observation skills as they learn about the five senses, the earth’s composition, and the basic needs of plants and animals. Students will explore topics such as:
- My Body-the five senses; major organs and systems
- Plants and Animals-needs and habitats; conservationist Jane Goodall
- Measurement-size, height, length, weight, capacity, and temperature
- Matter-solid, liquid, and gas
- The Seasonal Cycle-changing weather in the seasons
- Our Earth-geographical features; taking care of the earth; environmentalist Rachel Carson
- Motion-pushes and pulls; magnets
- Astronomy-the earth, sun, moon, and stars; exploring space; astronauts Neil Armstrong and Sally Ride
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.