Preschool Science Learning Activity: What’s the Weather?
This is a great tool for exploring weather with children. Together, check the temperature outside with a thermometer or online. Observe whether there is wind or precipitation, and if it is overcast or sunny. Input all the data into the “Weather Brain” and click process.
You can complete this activity several times over the course of a day or week. Take screenshots or print the results page to compare how the weather changes over time and from day to day.
This activity, along with more than 1,200 other online and offline activities, is available through EmbarK12 Comprehensive.
Already successfully used by national childcare and education provider KinderCare Learning Centers, EmbarK¹² Comprehensive offers flexible learning experiences that engage young minds through interactive multimedia and online and offline activities. To learn more about EmbarK12‘s kindergarten readiness program click here.
Kindergarten students begin to develop observation skills as they learn about the five senses, the earth’s composition, and the basic needs of plants and animals. Students will explore topics such as:
- My Body—the five senses; major organs and systems
- Plants and Animals—needs and habitats; conservationist Jane Goodall
- Measurement—size, height, length, weight, capacity, and temperature
- Matter—solid, liquid, and gas
- The Seasonal Cycle—changing weather in the seasons
- Our Earth—geographical features; taking care of the earth; environmentalist Rachel Carson
- Motion—pushes and pulls; magnets
- Astronomy—the earth, sun, moon, and stars; exploring space; astronauts Neil Armstrong and Sally Ride
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.