2nd Grade Science Learning Activity: Funk Band
Experience the sounds that different instruments can make solo or play them all together to form a band!
Click here for full screen
This interactive activity is embedded in our Second Grade Science 2 course.
In the full Second Grade Science 2 course, students perform experiments to develop skills of observation and analysis, and learn how scientists understand the world. They demonstrate how pulleys lift heavy objects, make a temporary magnet and test its strength, and analyze the parts of a flower. Students will explore topics such as:
- Metric System-liters and kilograms, and how scientists use them
- Force-motion and simple machines; physicist Isaac Newton
- Magnetism-magnetic poles and fields; how a compass works
- Sound-how sounds are made; inventor Alexander Graham Bell
- Human Body-cells; the digestive system
- Geology-layers of the earth; kinds of rocks; weathering; geologist Florence Bascom
- Life Cycles-plants and animals
If you like this activity you can buy this course directly or find an online school in your state.
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.